Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Shabby Abby Ballerina Book Box With Tag Album

I love ballet themed work! Ballet is one of those things that encompass all that is beautiful and graceful and reminds us that with hard work our dreams can come true. Out of my love for dance, I created a new set of Reneabouquets Die Cuts called Shabby Abby Ballerina Die Cuts  I drew them from my imagination, colored them in gorgeous, shabby colors, and brought them to life for all of my  ballet loving customers and the following is a Book Box and Tag Album that I created using them:


I started with a Graphic 45 Ivory Tag Album & Book Box that I layered with layers of Blue Fern Attic Charm Paper 


I then added on some My Romantic Heart Lace, and a Prima Montchamp Resin Frame to the book box cover. 


Next, I added some Pink Chunky Glitter Glass to the inside of the frame for a soft shimmery look.


I added Abby to the frame and popped on some of my Tiny Treasures Shabby Pink Roses Dragonflies for added dimension. I added the ballet slippers from the set onto the top corner of my box,


and then added the Graceful piece from the set onto the bottom.


To finish off the Shabby look on the Box top, I added some cheesecloth for softness and texture along with some Pink & White Roses & Gardenias, and a mini rose from the Pink & Ivory Mini Roses Set.


For the Book Binding side of the box, I covered it with music note tissue paper that I inked with Tim Holtz Tea Dye, and  Tattered Rose Ink , and then folded the remaining part of the lace over it and attached it with clear glue.



For the "Pages" of the book, I used Ranger Texture Paste, and ran a comb through it while it was wet, and then let it dry and inked the pages with tea dye ink for a beautiful, shabby look.


I took the tag album that comes with the book box and covered the tags with the Attic Charm Papers that I used on the book box, and some other papers that matched. For the cover tag, I added Tattered Pink Tulle, some resin pieces, another Graceful Piece from the Die Cut Set, along with seam binding and trims that I topped with a Marie Antoinette Button.


This is the backside of the 1st tag and the front of the 2nd tag that I made a pocket and covered with Rose Crown Lace and then tucked in some sweet little tags that I made from the Attic Charm papers.


This is the backside of the 2nd Tag that I added a Sweet Heart Applique to as well as some roses from the Pink & White Roses & Gardenias Mulberry Paper Flower Set, and the Pink & Ivory Mini Roses Set. The cover of the 3rd tag has a sweet ballerina resin, and some Crochet Cluny Lace #002.


And this is the backside of the 3rd Tag, that has some of the Crochet Cluny Lace #002



I finished out the back of the book box with some of the tissue paper, painted it randomly with some Tim Holtz Rock Candy Crackle Paint , and then inked it to bring out the crackle finish. The book is held closed with a little clip and some hand dyed seam binding.

Thanks for stopping by for my blog post!! I hope you have enjoyed my shabby chic project!! I encourage you to find the time to create something "Beautiful With An Edge" all your own. Creating is so good for the soul!! Hugs ~Renea





1 comment:

Unknown said...

So beautiful love your projects,tfs